HeartKids has a presence in five States: New South Wales (including ACT), Queensland, Victoria (including Tasmania), South Australia (including NT) and Western Australia. Each of these organisations offers membership opportunities and a local network of support for families of children with childhood heart disease. Please contact your local HeartKids for membership details. Some of the general benefits of membership include:
HeartKids membership is open to
- Families with a child who has a congenital heart defect or acquired childhood heart disease. This includes parents, siblings, grandparents etc.
- Teenagers and Adults with CHD who would like to join a forum for discussion.
- To any individual or group concerned with the issues of congenital heart defects who have a specific interest in helping raising awareness and funding.
- To any individual involved in the issues of congenital heart defects and acquired childhood heart disease, be they from a medical background or the political arena.
Membership offers you
- A seasonal Newsletter to keep you informed and updated;
- Family Support Coordinators – present in hospital to offer you support at critical times, and by phone and email as required;
- Regular coffee mornings so that you can meet and share experiences with other families, these can be held either in hospital or in your local area, encouraging a local network of support for you and your family;
- Opportunities for your heart child to attend events with other heart children;
- Opportunities to attend special afternoon or evening information events by invited medical practitioners and other professionals as they arise.