HeartKids membership is open to
- Families with a child who has a congenital heart defect or acquired childhood heart disease. This includes parents, siblings, grandparents etc.
- Teenagers and Adults with CHD who would like to join a forum for discussion.
- To any individual or group concerned with the issues of congenital heart defects who have a specific interest in helping raising awareness and funding.
- To any individual involved in the issues of congenital heart defects and acquired childhood heart disease, be they from a medical background or the political arena.
Membership offers you
- A seasonal Newsletter to keep you informed and updated;
- Family Support Coordinators – present in hospital to offer you support at critical times, and by phone and email as required;
- Regular coffee mornings so that you can meet and share experiences with other families, these can be held either in hospital or in your local area, encouraging a local network of support for you and your family;
- Opportunities for your heart child to attend events with other heart children;
- Opportunities to attend special afternoon or evening information events by invited medical practitioners and other professionals as they arise.
Click on the location to be taken to your nearest HeartKids website