HeartKids, with the support of its sponsors and donors, is proud to have committed over $1,800,000 of funding for research projects looking to unlock the mysteries of Childhood Heart Disease. The specific focus and aim of these has been to:
- Reduce mortality and/or morbidity from CHD
- Reduce the incidence of CHD
- Develop preventative measures to reduce CHD
- Improve early detection of CHD
- Understand the causes and disease processes of CHD
- Improve the treatments and management of CHD
- Gain a better understanding of the consequences of CHD and its treatment including the neurological, cognitive or social impacts on children affected by CHD and how these issues may be addressed.