Project Grants Program
HeartKids Australia conducts a Project Grant Program on a three year cycle. HeartKids is fortunate to have been supported in this program by our Founding Sponsor HCF since 2007.
Current Project Grants
Dr Nadine Kasparian
Parental response to fetal or postnatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease and subsequent infant developmental outcomes: A unique test of the fetal programming hypothesis
Clinical research – $300,000 over 3 years.
Completed Project Grants
Projects that have been funded since 2007 include:
- Genetic Determinants of Congenital Heart Disease – Assoc. Prof David Winlaw – Heart Centre for Children – the Children’s Hospital Westmead – $300,000
- Clinical study of remote ischaemic preconditioning – Dr Michael Cheung – Dept of Cardiology – Royal Children’s Hospital – $345,000
- Project GECHO – Assoc. Prof Jonanthan Carapetis – Menzies School of Health
- Cardiomyopathy Study – Prof. Rob Weintraub – Royal Children’s Hosptial
- The White Paper: Childhood Heart Disease in Australia – Current Practices and Future needs – Professor Sandra Leggat, La Trobe University.
- Understanding Fontan physiology. Improving long term survival in patients with a single heart ventricle – Dr Gavin Lambert – Baker IDI and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne
- Autologous cord blood stem cell transplantation to enhance right ventricular function during palliative surgery for hypoplastic left heart syndrome; clinical proof of concept study – Dr Christian Brizard – Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, Melbourne
Find out more about HeartKids Research Criteria.