HeartKids are excited to bring to you the trek you have always been keen to do..now you can do it while helping those affected by Congenital Heart Disease.
For many, the Kokoda Track is a fitting reminder of the Australian Army's heroic battles in 1942 to defend Port Moresby, in extraordinary conditions, from the advancing forces of the Japanese. In the company of our expert guide, we trek across the geographical heart of Papua New Guinea following trails from the tropical rain forests to the rarified climbs of the Owen Stanley Ranges.
At night we stay in secluded jungle camps close to traditional villages in some of the most remote regions of PNG. We take our time, allowing plenty of opportunity to embrace the history and local culture as well as meet the physical demands of this rugged track. It takes nine days to cover the 96km trail - offering tremendous rewards and a feeling of accomplishment as we complete the trek between the township of Kokoda and the highlands.
- Raising awareness and money for HeartKids
- Challenge yourself with this historic trek, the setting for some of the greatest displays of heroism of the Second World War
- 9 full days trekking through the Papua New Guinean jungle in the footsteps of these famous warriors
- Experience local village life and culture with stays close to traditional villages and secluded jungle camps
- Develop an accurate insight into the history of the trail through your experienced guide
26th September - 6th October 2019
Costs: (per person)
Joining from Port Moresby twin share: $4,095
Non refundable regitration fee: $200
Fundraising target: $3,500
How to Book:
To register on this Charity Challenge please download and complete the registration form and return to Huma Charity Challenge Attention Fiona Windon, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or complete your registration online.
Huma Charity Challenge organise all the logistics, all you have to do is grab your walking buddy and register today for this trip of a lifetime. For more information, the itinerary and costs click here. You will also find all the information you need in this brochure.