ANZ Fontan Community
The Australian and New Zealand Fontan Community (ANZFAC) was established in September 2014, following the inaugural Fontan Education Day, with support from the ANZ Fontan Registry. ANZFAC now operates as a subcommittee of HeartKids Australia (HeartKids Ltd) and is an affiliate/partner of HeartKids NZ.
We are a volunteer committee comprised of adults with a Fontan circulation, family of people with a Fontan circulation, health professionals and other individuals involved in the Fontan community. Members are from various locations in Australia and New Zealand.
Joining the ANZFAC Committee
ANZFAC is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for new Committee members from all people in Australia and New Zealand affected by the Fontan circulation – which could be you!
This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; New Zealanders, especially Māori and Pasifika peoples; women with a Fontan circulation; people living in rural and remote areas; fathers of people with a Fontan circulation; disabled people; and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
If you would like more information about the ANZFAC Committee, see our current members or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining ANZFAC, please complete an Expression of Interest form.
To optimise health and support for children, young people, and adults with a Fontan circulation.
We seek to achieve consistency of care, represent a whole journey view and advocate for children, young people, and adults with a Fontan circulation.
ANZFAC strives to:
- Be a representative voice for the Fontan community;
- Communicate openly with the Fontan community;
- Raise awareness about the Fontan circulation among medical professionals, government bodies, funding bodies, support organisations and the general public;
- Increase ongoing education and support for people with a Fontan circulation and their families;
- Identify areas where care for people with a Fontan circulation could be improved; and
- Advocate for change to improve care for people with a Fontan circulation.
ANZFAC Committee & Auxiliary Members
ANZFAC EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP TEAM
- Chairperson: Samuel Chung
- Deputy Chairperson: Jane Campbell
- Secretary: Jessamy Neilson
- Representative to the ANZ Fontan Registry Steering Committee: Rebecca Mur
- Gemma Ranson
- Jonathan Mackley
- Karen Kool
- Lesley Jordan
- Pat McConville
- Rachael Cordina
- Rachael Knowles
- Tracy Stanley
ANZFAC AUXILIARY COMMITTEE
- Belinda Frank
- Brian Rose
- Louise Pickford
- Yves D’Udekem