EOI Open for Medical / Clinical / Allied Health Volunteers for Teen Camp 2020
Teen Camp provides an opportunity for young people, between the ages of 13 – 17 years to meet and share experiences over a five-day period with other young people who have been impacted by congenital or acquired heart disease. HeartKids Ltd aims to provide a safe, fun and supportive environment for all campers and to ensure this we need the assistance of medical, clinical, allied health and general volunteers to assist our HeartKids’ camp staff through the duration of the camp.
This policy outlines the expression of interest (EOI) and the registration processes for Teen Camp for medical, clinical, allied health volunteer attendees who, by completing the EOI online form, are therefore intending on joining us at Grantville Lodge, Grantville, Victoria 15-19 January 2020, pending the outcome of the EOIs submitted by all applicants.
At the closing date of EOI period, if the applications submitted exceed available places for medical, clinical, Allied Health Volunteer applicants who meet the eligibility criteria, then they will be notified and will be added to a wait-list. ALL EOIs will be considered and will be selected on a basis of eligibility and merit, not on a first in – first served basis. As this Teen camp is a national event, we encourage EOIs from all states and territories within Australia.
Eligibility to attend Teen Camp, all medical and clinical applicants must meet the following criteria:
Criteria for Medical, Clinical, Allied Health Volunteers
· All qualifications, registrations and necessary documentation (relative to the clinical/medical/allied health) is up to date upon submission of EOI – APRHA, First Aid, WWCC, Police Clearance etc.
· Experience in working with young people is necessary and experience specifically working with adolescents with cardiac conditions is highly regarded.
· Any medical issues or health conditions must be stable enough to safely attend camp to provide a safe environment for campers, staff and volunteers.
· All necessary information and forms must be completed, to allow HeartKids to provide a safe environment for campers, staff and volunteers.
Expression of Interest and Camp Registration Process:
1. You must complete the expression of interest form online by the closing date.
2. Completed expressions of interest will be assessed against the eligibility criteria.
3. The outcome of the EOI process will be emailed to all.
4. A registration pack will be emailed to the medical, clinical and volunteer staff who have been offered a place for Teen Camp 2020. The registration pack, including medical forms, must be completed and returned by the nominated closing date.
5. If registration packs are not completed and received by the nominated date, the place may be reallocated.
6. HeartKids Ltd reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place at Teen Camp at any time.
If you are interested in joining us as a volunteer please click here to register. Registrations close 15th August.