Family Support Coordinator - QLD
We are seeking to appoint a Family Support Coordinator based in Queensland to provide support services to babies, children, teens and adults with congenital (or acquired during childhood) heart disease, and their families.
This position will support the HeartKids QLD and National teams to deliver safe and effective support services in collaboration with health professionals from the Queensland Children’s Hospital, clients, and other partners. Please find a copy of the position description here. Applications must contain the following elements:
- Cover letter outlining the selection criteria
- Accompanying CV
Applications close: Friday 5th March 2021
To submit your application, please email email@example.com
Why work with HeartKids?
A career with HeartKids provides the opportunity to be part of a diverse, dedicated and friendly group of people who are passionate about making an impact for heart kids, Heart Angels, their families and those health professionals and researchers that treat and support them.
Whether you’re working directly with people impacted by congenital / childhood heart disease at one of support programs or are in a vital office role, as a HeartKids employee you will grow both personally and professionally.
A career with HeartKids can offer you rewarding experiences, opportunities for advancement and the change to make a difference in the lives of Australians living with or impacted by congenital / childhood heart disease. We have an innovative and friendly culture that is guided by our values of care, collaborate, lead, perform and think.
We offer roles for motivated, skilled, caring people from all walks of life across the nation in metropolitan and regional centres.
Supporting you to live our values
HeartKids ensures our employees are well supported, acknowledged and renumerated through:
- Salary packaging, which can add up to $15,900 in tax-free pay per year
- Paid study, maternity, and paternity leave
- An Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
- Access to internal and external training and professional development opportunities and workplace mentoring
- Workplace flexibility and balance, including opportunities to work from home, job share for roles, and flexible working hours to accommodate the family
So you have decided to apply for a role with HeartKids. What’s next?
Before applying for a role at HeartKids, we strongly recommend reading through our website to learn more about HeartKids to ensure our values and culture are a good fit for you.
Our job advertisements contain detailed position and selection criteria. We advise you to provide the following when making an application:
- A one-page letter of introduction;
- A tailored resume; and
- A statement (no more than three-pages) addressing the selection criteria (Skills & Experience, Qualifications)
What happens after your submitted your job application?
- Your application is reviewed by the relevant contact person
- A preliminary phone interview may be held to assist with shortlisting
- If shortlisted, you will be asked to attend a face-to-face interview
- Referee and background checks will be contacted if you are a preferred applicant
- If successful an Offer of Employment will be provided to you